6 weeks to go: Master planning (regular Pesach planning, 2011: March 6-12)
(See more about my Passover planner HERE.)
- Consider budget, either as a whole or in pieces. Anything a potential problem? Also consider that expenses the weeks before may be different than normal and the week or two after likely to be less than normal.
- Do you want to have guests this holiday? Brainstorm and plan inviting.
- Review previous have/need list and update as needed.
- Plan for Purim: Theme? Costumes for each family member? Mishloach Manot contents? Recipient list?
- Schedule any other holidays on calendar (birthdays) and add presents, tasks, etc. to list.
- Find or purchase the holiday guide—OU, Star K, etc. (Plan and highlight any required toiletry changes, find and plan pet care items, plan other household needs as required, e.g. cleaners)
- Consider needs for linens, towels, tablecloths, etc.
- Make a list of anything broken or missing to fix BEFORE Pesach. (Sink? Laundry? Appliances?)
- Inventory freezer and pantry—what needs to get used?
- Brainstorm rewards (coffee, manicure, massage, time in a bookstore, a NAP, etc…)
- Schedule other errands (Sheital to get done or wash by hand, find kittel and take to dry cleaner, anything for toiveling)