I’m Amital. I am a happy work/stay at home mom to 4 young kids, a PhD candidate (who is desperate to get off the hamster wheel!), a community organizer, a baking queen, and a sometimes-coupon-princess. My kids are homeschooled. We move a lot. And we don’t shy away from messes here!
My goal is to bring peace (shalom) and joy (simcha) into my home, and through this blog, yours! Whatever your observance, you can find something here. I really focus on Jewish holidays as they come, like Rosh Hashanah, Sukkot, and Passover, and of course, Shabbat. We’ve got weekly parsha projects, homeschooling resources, and holiday party planning!
But OJH also has things that apply to almost everyone:
- Fun recipes like cake balls, 7 layer cookies, easy homemade playdough, and this fantastic BBQ beef
- ideas to keep kids happily busy
- ideas for baby meals (a four post series)
- printables, like this OJH Freezer inventory worksheet or this Weekly planner page and the Kid’s weekly planner
- help with your emergency organization (including a car kit, plan, and home kit)
- ideas for chores for kids
- And so much more (check out the categories across the top or down the side!)
Look around, and please let me know what you think! (You know we bloggers thrive on comments!)