I was at a kosher store earlier this week and saw rows of Passover food already on shelves and in store. Now is the time to keep an eye out for KLP (Kosher L’Pesach) loss leaders and snatch them up!
6 weeks to go: Master planning
- Consider budget, either as a whole or in pieces. Anything a potential problem? Also consider that expenses the week before may be different than normal and week after likely to be less.
- Do you want to have guests this holiday? Brainstorm and plan inviting.
- Review previous have/need list and update as needed.
- Plan for Purim: theme?, costumes for each family member, mishloach manot contents, mishloach manot recipient list
- Schedule any other holidays on calendar (birthdays) and add presents, tasks, etc. to list.
- Find or purchase the holiday guide—OU, Star K, etc.: Plan and highlight any required toiletries and pet care items
- Plan household needs as required; cleaners, linens, towels, etc.
- Make a list of anything broken or missing to fix BEFORE Pesach.
- Inventory freezer and pantry—what needs to get used?
- Brainstorm rewards (coffee, manicure, massage, time in a bookstore, a NAP, etc…)
- Other errands: Sheital to get done or wash by hand, kittel to dry cleaner, anything for toiveling