If you are new to the challenges, read more here. You can jump in at any time!
As we’re going into the Purim and Pesach holidays, it’s a good time to get your guest area(s) cleaned up and organized.
The specifics vary depending on what kind of guest area you have. Whether it’s a room or an extra stack of pillows and bedding, now is a good week to review it and:
- declutter (especially if this space has become a dumping ground!)
- inventory what you have and what you need (see below for what I try to provide)
- clean the space
Now what makes a good guest area depends on your guests, and really, none of this is necessary. But some things I like and try to include for guests are:
- at least one and preferably two pillows per (adult) guest
- sufficient blankets, and maybe an extra in case anyone is cold
- a clock (especially if your guest area is in the basement with no sunlight!)
- a Shabbat lamp
- water to drink and snacks, sitting out or in the kitchen
- towels and toiletries (samples are great for this, just in case)
- information on your internet connection (a guest letter is a good.)
Is there anything you would add? How are you doing on your organizing?