Oh, bathrooms. How I love having bathrooms! It’s the plural that get excited about, because growing up, my brothers, sisters, and parents all shared one. Yep, you read that right – one bathroom for all those people. And that’s not counting friends or guests.
Now we have several bathrooms, and while that is really nice to have available (especially when potty training someone small!), it means more cleaning and organizing. Bathrooms tend to be small, and potentially cluttered. So what’s a balabusta to do?
- Take everything away. I work with one area at a time. I clear it off, clean off the surface, and then…
- Declutter the bathroom(s). Throw away or donate things you don’t use, consolidate half used bottles of lotions or shampoo, and move things that have accumulated back to their homes. If you have storage space in your bathroom, check that out and take out things you don’t use. This is also good if you stockpile any toiletries–you can see what else you need!
- Replace the things you use. If you need more storage, you can see what and where you can put it. Then you can try to find containers to reuse before you go and buy items. Some ideas:
- An over the door shoe rack: Good for all types of storage throughout the house, but for bathrooms, a good home for toiletries.
- A hard over the door storage shelf: Also good for toiletries. If you have a little more room behind the door, this is a good choice.
- A tower for storage – this one folds up easily when not in use.
- An over the toilet storage shelf/rack
- Drawer dividers
- An under the sink storage drawer
Our bathrooms got cleaned, decluttered, and rearranged and look nice now! How about you?