After I did some browsing on the wonderful chinuch.org, I came up with some ideas for my kids and the Elul holidays.
Here’s one I want to share with you: Kid’s Rosh Hashanah Mitzvah Checklist (download as a Word .doc). You could decorate it or add in cute pictures if you want, but here is the basic template. It includes:
- I said “I’m sorry” to people for things I did wrong.
- I reviewed my machzor and learned about the holiday.
- I prepared a dvar Torah for the table.
- I helped get ready for Yom Tov.
- I gave tzedaka before Yom Tov.
- I listened to the shofar calling for me to do tshuvah.
- I said “shechechyanu” on my new Yom Tov clothes.
- I ate apples and honey.
- I said the yehi ratzons on our simanim.
- I sat quietly and davened with Daddy.
- I went to Tashlich and thew away my aveirot.