We made it through the Tishrei holidays! Now we are on a higher level.
But next-year-you will LOVE this-year-you if you jot down some notes about what went right, what went wrong, what time shul went until (Simchat Torah is a always late and different shuls get out at different times, so to plan ahead, it helps to have some idea…)
Here’s part of my list:
- Rosh Hashanah lunch wasn’t until 2:30PM (feed kids full meal first!)
- Sesame sauce from the crockpot sesame chicken recipe is good, better made first with chicken cooked in broth! (I made a bunch, shredded it, and used a couple of different sauces for different times).
- Chopped chicken makes good meatballs (regular recipe), but not in a regular unstuffed cabbage sweet and sour sauce!
- Get some longer schach support (ours crashed down in some huge gusts that last day!)
- French toast casserole is an awesome way to use up leftover challah the last day