With Shabbat and Purim squished together this year, I’m been making things for both days. Here’s our plan!
- Challah and salads (homemade hummus, babaganoush, olive tapenade, and carrot)
- Matza ball soup (our last before Pesach!)
- Noodle kugel
- Beer BBQ chicken (crockpot, using my homemade BBQ sauce), without the coleslaw here, though.
- Brownies and strawberries
- Challah and salads
- Sushi salad molds (sushi rice layered with cucumber, avocado, and for some, tuna, in a bowl overnight served on a lettuce leaf and sprinkled with sesame seeds)
- Caesar salad
- Spice rubbed chicken
- Rice Krispy treats and strawberries
Purim Seuda: (This is dairy because of guests and preferences, although dh holds he needs meat. We can’t get beef here, though, so he’ll have some real chicken. We did Indian with friends last year, and had so much fun we decided to do it again!)
- Challah shaped like hamentashen
- Basmati rice
- Butter “chicken”
- Samosa pie (all the fun of the samose, less work!)
- Samoa Hamentashen (remember those girl scout cookies?)
- Brownies, Rice Krispy Treats, and strawberries. And candy, I’m sure.
Is there anything exciting on your menu?