There are times that one of us needs to be away for Shabbat, and sometimes with little or no notice!
We have an “emergency” Shabbat-to-go kit to help us handle this. It’s everything you could need for Shabbat in a glamorous container – an old wipes tub…
This is packed and ready to go, and all you need to grab is a siddur (too big to fit inside) and motzi of some sort (matza would be good to keep with it if you can make motzi on it – we can’t, unless it’s Pesach!) If dh is traveling and has limited space, this is what he would take.
Here’s what’s inside:
- travel candlesticks and candles
- a kipa
- a bencher
- aluminum foil (to put under the candlesticks if needed or cover your motzi)
- a small bottle of grape juice
- a collapsible travel kiddush cup (like this one)
- a baggie of salt
- a baggie of cloves (besamim)
- a small havdallah candle (burned down, not specifically bought like this)
Would you add anything?