You may have noticed it’s been a while since I posted. I’ve been in and out of the hospital and sent home to the US to deal with the issue. It’s been me and 4 kids, and the blog has taken a back seat.
Everything seems to be back to normal with my health, but I’m still enjoying a little time off and with our extended family.
Not for too long, though – Elul starts this week. That means we have about a month until the month of Tishrei brings us Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, and Sukkot. (Rosh Hashana and Sukkot are actually 3 day holidays for us non-Israelis this year!) And that means lots of planning and preparing!
To get you started on your work, here are some OJH resources:
- Tishrei part 1 (Planning on a budget)
- Tishrei part 2 (Menu planning – the nitty gritty)
- Tishrei part 3 (Start at the end)
- Rosh Hashanah simanim
- Rosh Hashanah cooking and prep
- Spiritual preparation
- Tishrei Inspiration
- planning: a menu plan (Rosh Hashanah, around Yom Kippur, Sukkot),
- cooking plan (on my menu plan templates: Rosh Hashanah Menu Template and Sukkot Menu Template),
- a day-by-day to do list (RH 2011 plan, Yom Kippur, Sukkot 2011 plan)
- checklist for before candle-lighting (RH checklist, Yom Kippur Checklist, Sukkot checklist)
- don’t forget the kids! How about a mitzva checklist?