Rosh Hashana is just a little more than two weeks away – already!
Here is what I’ve done or am planning to do so far this week:
- order seats for shul
- pay shul dues (ours have always been due about now for the different shuls we’ve belonged to in our travels)
- order lulav and etrog for dh (still looking for less expensive “learning” one(s) for kids)
- new tzitzit for boys
- order pjs for all 4 kids (our tradition–they are always needed around this turn of the seasons!)
- order/find needed clothing for kids: new dressy outfits for all, Shabbat pants for boys
- purchase new special something for kids–legos? clics? Something to add to their simcha (joy).
- order/find new something for me (outfit? tichel?)
- check with dh about his clothing needs
- take care of kittel, if your dh wears one for Yom Kippur (mine doesn’t, but it’s common)
- plan our Rosh Hashanah homeschooling lessons and projects
- plan menu (but with all the simanim (special, ritual foods) we use, that’s a whole post by itself!)
I’m still getting things together here. How is it going for you?