This week, we have a double parsha. The basic idea of each of these parshiot is tahara (ritual purity) and tuma (ritual impurity). We learn about the mikva, laws after giving birth, circumcising an 8 day old son, and “spiritual leprosy” (tzaarat) of the house, garment, or person.
Yikes. It’s a tough week to make interesting to kids – without being gross (leprosy) or too involved (other topics)!
- Learn some about Tzaraat and lashon hara (this lesson includes a sopapillas recipe!)
- Talk about skin care – how about making a body butter together
- Is there ever a good time to gossip?
- Make beef tongue (sensing a theme here? It’s something pretty easy to go with! Although I won’t be making tongue here!)
- Learn about a rain barrel – one way to gather natural water (ties into the mikva)
Whew! This one is a tough week for hands on kids projects. What ideas would you add?