We’re counting down the days! Here’s the super high tech way I planned this last week – a word doc with the appropriate number of columns. 😉
Here’s my checklist for being sure I’ve covered everything. I actually write in all the times, add each part of the menu, and hang this on the refrigerator so I don’t miss anything!
Here are some of the other things to consider:
- Review times. Be sure you (and your kids!) get in your last chametz before the deadline.
- Prep the biur and then burn it. Declare your chametz dust.
- Finish your cooking, being sure your family has the appropriate non-chametz, non-gebrokts food to keep away the grumps.
- Be sure you have checked your greens for bugs.
- Set your table. Involve your kids if they are of a good age, and make it as beautiful as you can. Include pillows for all. Take a picture if you can!
- Prep and preplate anything you prefer–premeasured lettuce packets, individual seder plates, etc.
- Check your checklist
- Prepare your candles, including your longer burning candle for lighting tomorrow’s candles
- Bathe children and be sure everyone has clothes chosen
- Shower and take the time to dress nicely, with makeup if you prefer
- Bring in the holiday of Pesach a free woman!